Saturday 24 November 2018

colouring

good morning crafters
welcome to my share for today.


my share today is all about colouring and the enjoyment i get when my project are finished.
none are ever the same and that's why i love colouring so much.
A good few years ago i was desperate to learn some new skills and thought i could turn my hand to card making. 


i bought a couple of magazines that included free stamps (whimsy stamps to be precise) and i hadn't got a clue on how to colour. so i read the magazine bought a few products like ink, pro-markers, stamping blocks, card, card blanks etc to get started.


I had a bash at colouring (one dimensional) and knew straight away i needed help.
like most people i trawled the internet/you tube and stumbled on a blog called kit and clowder.


Before Alyce created her online colouring classes she would do a live colour-along on a sunday morning as I recall. 8:00am Australia time and 11:30pm Saturday night Uk time.
And with limited colours I learned a few basics and I was off.


I didn't hesitate to join her online classes. I started with the project classes as a taster and then moved on to other classes & project classes. 


Without all of the above I couldn't call myself a colourist.
Today though my preferred choice of medium is distress ink using a lot of the technics I have learned and adapted and i still make mistakes as my skills are still growing.
Today I am sharing with you some of my recent colouring (all images by Lili of the Valley) and this session was called what the doctor ordered.


 All my coloured images will hopefully soon be added to cards projects.

Kit and clowder in my opinion is a superb learning resource that not only teaches you how to colour using various mediums but encourages you to grow as a colourist.
Thank you Alyce for all your dedication and hard work to bring the joy of colouring to every one no matter what skill level they are at including always offer a helping hand when needed.

Join me again soon, enjoy your weekend and craft happy. Ann

No comments: