Friday 15 October 2021

natural fibre art doll with mohair wheft

 hi crafters & doll makers
a new doll in progress..
in my thirst for knowledge with my doll making i thought i would try and create a wig using a mohair weft and thought where do i start, i have a tutorial (pdf booklet) that i purchased a while ago and started to read. i can't crochet very well so i made one of my trusted knitted caps and my journey began.


first i had to make a new dolls head:


natural fibre stuffing, felting needle and roving wool to begin:


to create a ball


and a few hours later a head base


my new head covered with laib yala swiss fabric


and a little blushing added to her face
before her embroidered eyes are added
and then it was onto how to do the wig:
i thought for a while and decided to sew the wig cap directly onto the new head


and sew the weft directly on top of the cap.

on my next doll i will try something a little different


as i'd didn't have enough hands to hold her head whilst sewing


almost finished adding the wheft


wig all complete, just need to run the iron over the centre tuft.
i'd like you all to meet:
Florence
due to her flowing locks. lol
i have learned quite a lot and know i need to change my process a little.
but the effect of a wefted wig is amazing, i am totally enjoying my doll making process and journey it's leading me on and hopefully i can share my completed doll in a little while. 
 i will share all the products i have used (and links where to buy) soon.


thanks for stopping by, enjoy your evening and
craft happy, Ann



No comments: