Sunday 3 May 2020

waldorf style doll

popping in with a new doll.
i hope every one is keeping safe and well.

my first (possibly of many) Waldorf inspired dolls.
 this little beaut i have named India.


India has been delivered to her new nursery in plenty of time for the arrival of our new grand daughter who is due mid August and has been created using all natural products as is the waldorf way.
natural wool for her stuffing.
de witte - doll jersey for her face.
mohair wool for her hair.
west yorkshire 4ply for her boots, tights and jumper.
jamieson spin drift for her hands.
rowan lace for her dress and hat.
embriodary floss for her eyes and lips
bees wax crayon for her rosy cheeks.
height of doll is 11 1/2 " (28cms)

i have loved every minute making my first waldorf doll and my inspiration has come from various master doll makers like: Meglena at north coast dolls, peperuda dolls, lalia dolls, mum & dot, maryjanestearooms and dear little doll to name a few.

supplies for my doll are from:
Debbie at: Little oke dolls: https//www.littleokedolls.co.uk
jamiesons of shetland: https://www.jamiesonsofshetland.co.uk
Sharon at: the knitter attic: https//www.theknittersattic.co.uk

here is a little photo album of my 1st waldorf journey:
India's body is knitted in a one piece with exception of her arms.
(next job on my list to make a one piece body including arms).
her head has been needle felted and thankfully the needles missed my fingers this time and i've mangaed to create a crochet wig (a first for me with lots to improve on) and added a plaited ponytail.


 

 


 

 

i have learned quite a lot with my first doll and i'm looking forward to creating a few more when my crafting time allows.

join me again soon.
stay safe, enjoy your day and craft happy. Ann x


No comments: