Tuesday 26 December 2017

Ruby's Christmas Present



meet Ruby's pressie

good morning crafters a welcome to my share for today.
something a little different from me
I have made a rag doll for my Granddaughter this Christmas and I have to say it's been a really long long time since I have sewn or knitted anything but after getting hooked on images of Waldorf and Tilda dolls I felt I needed to have a go and this is my completed doll.
iv'e had a few hiccups along the way due to not having many instructions, and as always I trawled the internet to source materials and how to's and had to unearth some of my knowledge of sewing and knitting and I'm pleased to say she looks pretty cute.


I have created a cute hat and scarf


and I made a pretty dress


and the only thing that's missing are socks and shoes
they are next on my list of things to learn and make
on making my next dolls:
I really had to blow away all the cobwebs on my sewing and knitting skills as it must be over twenty years since I had made anything, my children were pre school and they are in their 30's now.

my materials & were to purchase:
little okie dolls: http://www.waldorfdolls.co.uk
silk screen doll body 12" (little okie dolls)
hair: 4ply white wool (hobby craft)
eyes: brown embroidery thread (hobby craft)
dress: fat quarter of material (hobby craft), white t shirt material & white tulle (underskirt)
hat & scarf: Wendy fleur dk (country baskets)
embellishment: wooden button ( country baskets)

for information on how to make these dolls visit:

I have surpassed my expectations on this cute doll and I will probably adapt the pattern a little as I did struggle to put it together
for my next doll I will try to create the Waldorf style face.
all it leaves me to say now is:
MERRY CHRISTMAS, thanks for stopping by
enjoy your day and craft happy. Ann





2 comments:

Debra K. said...

❤❤❤

Sarah said...

She is amazing...you clever thing!!